Sunday 12 May 2013

Coe, Cram and Ovett have nothing on me!

Call it sibling rivalry if you want, but having read my sister's article on this blog yesterday, I felt compelled to pull on my running shoes. This morning I paced the mean streets of Britwell - well, a small part of it anyway - and did my first outdoor run since I was a teenager.

A couple of years back when I was a regular at the gym I was able to spend quite a bit of time on a treadmill, but doing that in a controlled environment is very different to running in the elements, particularly if like me you have asthma. That was a contributory factor in my 'run' this morning lasting not very long, though 95% of the reason was because I'm hideously unfit. However, it is a start and a foundation to build upon.

Mo Farah is quaking in his boots
My asthma played up and a few hours later I'm still coughing and spluttering at regular intervals. Looks like I've got a lot of work to do if I'm going to get myself fit for a 10k this year. However, after spending the last few weeks gaining weight and eating like a pig, it was good to do something positive and try to get Year of the Diet back on track.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment